An index to my posts about politics of profession's, and the emergence of professional cults masquerading as learned societies. Primarily with respect to "engineers", and mostly those in Australia, and otherwise hampered by the dictates of Engineers Australia, which is increasingly operating like a modern day rum corp.
Note that these are largely essays, opinions, and generally freewriting. As freewriting, they are written off the top of my head, without references, and without proof reading to check typing errors, or checks on spelling errors. In some instances on reading, I have noticed small important words missing, such as the word "not". The rest of the context typically indicates my viewpoint. Each post typically has a revision block at the bottom, indicating when revised. Where the post has been edited and corrected the word "not" is typically in red, on the other hand where I have wanted to emphasise in the first place it is also coloured in red.
The essays can be considered as drafts, and the foundation for something more concise and more focused (see about). They are also katharsis, and general brain leak.
- Not an engineer and don't want to be
- More on the AQF
- The Need or Not For Engineers
- Engineering is not becoming a Commodity, You Just Don't Know What Engineering Is
- Professional Cults Deserve No Respect
- Associate Technologist
- The Stuff That is not Engineering
- No Professional Cult Should be Permitted to Dictate A Person's Occupation
- Not Opposed to Engineers, just those who Claim Sole Use of the Word and Distort Language
- Proposing Change to the Australian Qualification Framework
- Regulation Should Monitor and Control Process not License Occupations
- Specifications Governing Structural Engineering Software Used by Non-Engineers
- Engineers Australia : on wrong track.
- More Irritation with Engineers Australia and APESMA
- Proposal For National Structural Code
- Technical Lawyers: Not Engineers
- More on Licensing
- Dislike of Professions
- The Relationship between the Engineering Disciplines!
- Do you Really need an Engineer?
- Samuel Smiles
- The Building Code of Australia: Evidence-of-Suitability
- SA Development Regulations: independent technical expert
- Engineered Products and Evidence-of-Suitability
- Realising an innovative economy: a practical roadmap to ease the engineering skills shortage in Australia
- Extract: CHAPTER V--HELPS AND OPPORTUNITIES--SCIENTIFIC PURSUITS (Samuel Smiles)
- On Regulation ...
- Registration of Engineers: Paper shuffling Bureaucratic Nonsense.
- Education and Qualification Frameworks
- Killing the Engineering Team
- More Engineers Australia on LinkedIN group ...
- More on Education and Engineering.
- Problem of reducing Dependence on Consultants, and other meanderings...
- Moving forward with Associate Technologists #pt1
- Views on Engineers Australia
- Lives of the Engineers
- Movie: Engineers, Education and Employment: To Sir, with Love. #purposedu
- Structures or why things don't fall down: Theory versus Pragmatism.
- Education Blogs: #purposed
- On Science : pt#1
- Education or Experience?
- Structural Engineering
- On Education, Industrial Awards, and Mobility of Professionals
- Another Thought on Popper: Structural/Mechanical Design
- Karl Popper, Design, Regulations and the Fallacy of Evidence-of-Suitability
- 10 Principles for eliminating the words "engineer", "engineered" and "engineering" from vocabulary.
- Eliminating "Engineer" and "Engineering" from my Vocabulary
- Industrial Awards
- What is Engineering Design?
- Educational Testing: Cannot Inspect Quality in have to Design it in
- Machine Analogy of Industrial Society
- The Applied Science, Technical Science and Engineering Science Cycle
- Why do I argue with B.Eng MIAust's? I should know better.
[16/02/2019] : Original